10. My friend from my first job out of college: “I keep thinking about your news and it makes me smile!!! Not in a creepy way, though.”
9. My sister’s pal who’s an aficionado of a certain gay dating app: “I’M SO EXCITED!!!! I’m making a Scruff account for your fetus as we speak!”
8. The not-so-little-anymore-girl I used to babysit: “Aaaah Meredith Congratulations!!! I am so happy for both of you♥ Maybe one day I can babysit hehe.”
7. My coworker, right before she had to do a live video interview with a celebrity: Tears. “You’re going to be such a good mom.” (And now I’m in tears from typing that out; thanks, hormones.)
6. My former coworker, who knew we were having trouble getting pregnant: “MY HEART BURSTS WITH JOY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!! Weeeeeeee!!!! Best news ever!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxox”
5. My friend from my internship program, who also knew about our baby-making struggles: “This is SUCH amazing news! I just got chills!”
4. My mom’s best friend, whom my sister and I call “OM,” as in “other mom”: “Now I am not only OM, but also OG! So happy for you!” OG = other grandma
3. My former coworker: “You guys baby-making got 102 likes, that’s impressive. Oh and congratulations!” (The above photo is up to 216 likes now on Facebook, but who’s counting? OK, I am.)
2. My friend of 23 years: “you don’t look chubs at all. actually the rest of you looks really skinny!” (granted, that wasn’t her FIRST reaction, but still funny)
And the number-one reaction to my pregnancy news is courtesy of my 89-year-old grandpa:
“That’s what you get for fooling around!” (Told ya you’d like that one.)
Moms, what were the best reactions you got to your pregnancy news? Not-yet-pregos, how do you think your friends and family will respond?
Like Merital Bliss?
Become a fan on Facebook!
Follow Meredith on Twitter
Subscribe to Merital Bliss’s RSS feed
Get posts delivered straight to your inbox!
Like Meredith’s author page on Huffington Post